15 minute sweet potato and blackbean nachos
These healthy veg-packed nachos are one of our favourite dinners and have the thumbs up from various children visitors. Always a good sign. You can make them in less then 15 minutes by grabbing these ingredients from your freezer:
- a serving of my sweet potato and black bean chilli,
- a couple of wholemeal tortilla wraps,
- an avocado (yep you can buy frozen avocado now – amazing)
- some grated cheese (which you can grate and then freeze and use from frozen)
If you follow me you’ll know I’m a huge fan of using my freezer so that I can cook a big batch of something once and eat multiple meals from it. Read all my freezer filler tips here along with loads of other recipes that make the most of a well stocked freezer.
To make nachos
- Use scissors to cut the frozen tortillas into triangles and lay them on a baking sheet. To ensure everything can be spread out enough, I use one tray for 2 servings. So if you’re cooking for 4 people, make 2 trays.
- Bake them at 200°C (180°C fan) or 400°F (350°C convection) for 10 minutes while you microwave the chilli until it is piping hot.
- Blob the chilli over the surface of the tortillas along with grated cheese and pop it back in the oven for around 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the chips are crisp.
- Finish off by sprinkling the surface with a squeeze of lime, some sliced avocado and a drizzle of natural yoghurt. You may want to add some chopped chilis and chopped coriander (cilantro) too. I usually plonk the tray on the table and let everyone dig in to save washing, because allowing a occasional feral table manners usually distracts children from the veg.
You can now buy the equipment I use in this recipe through my shop. I’ve spent years testing my favourite bits of equipment so rest-assured that whatever I recommend is the best tool for the job and will give you great results without cluttering your kitchen with unused tools. I receive a small affiliate fee from Amazon if you buy via my link. The products don’t cost you any more. These small fees help me keep creating all the free content I share.
Get more recipes like this
Find more recipes for 30 minute meals and freezer meals here.
Sign up for more
Sign up for my free newsletter. You’ll get free seasonal recipes, tips and videos. You’ll also be first to hear about my online and in person courses.
I agree to be emailed about your products and services