addictive crunchy chickpeas [garbanzo]
These addictive crunchy chickpeas are my new obsession. Either roast them alongside vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, brussel sprouts are all good). Or follow the recipe below and add them to salads, serve them with drinks or have them as a healthy snack. They add a delicious crunch to pitta and houmus.
If you are Stateside you’ll know these as garbanzo beans. If you are in the UK they are chickpeas.
400g (14oz) can of chickpeas, drained well
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper or half a teaspoon of smoked paprika or garam masala
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan). 400°F (360°F convection).
- Toss the chickpeas with the oil plus a big pinch of salt and smoked paprika or garam masala, if using.
- Place on a metal baking sheet (cookie sheet) so they are well spaced and roast for around 30-40 minutes, tossing once in the middle of cooking.
- They are ready once they are really crunchy. Some of them will have popped slightly too. A bonus.
- Eat them quickly. If you have leftovers (unlikely unless you have more will power than me) pop them back in the oven to crisp them up.
You can now buy the equipment I use in this recipe through my shop. I’ve spent years testing my favourite bits of equipment so rest-assured that whatever I recommend is the best tool for the job and will give you great results without cluttering your kitchen with unused tools. I receive a small affiliate fee from Amazon if you buy via my link. The products don’t cost you any more. These small fees help me keep creating all the free content I share.
Get more recipes like this
Find more recipes for chickpeas/garbanzo beans here.
Sign up for more
Sign up for my free newsletter. You’ll get free seasonal recipes, tips and videos. You’ll also be first to hear about my online and in person courses.
I agree to be emailed about your products and services