the easiest yoghurt, vanilla, honey and berry bake
If you have the oven on already for dinner, why not make something light and sweet to round the meal off? This yoghurt vanilla honey berry bake recipe gives you a healthy custardy dessert with minimal fuss. It is something I usually make with what we already have in the fridge and freezer.
I often make this crowd-pleaser for brunch alongside a big jar of my gorgeous granola. This is a nice easy recipe to make with children too.
Active prep time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 40-45 mins
Yoghurt vanilla honey berry bake Ingredients (serves 4-6):
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 3-4 tablespoons honey (go for the higher quantity if you have a sweet tooth)
- 260g (9oz) plain natural yoghurt (full fat is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 280g (10oz) frozen raspberries or blueberries or a mixture of the two
- Preheat oven to 170ºC (150ºC fan) / 340ºF (300ºF convection).
- Put yoghurt, eggs, honey, vanilla and cornflour (cornstarch) in a bowl and whisk (no need to use anything electrical) until smooth.
- Put the berries in the bottom of a ceramic or glass oven proof dish – around 22cm (9 inches) square or near enough. The mixture rises a small amount so be sure to have an inch of space at the top of your dish once it is full. If your berries are still frozen don’t worry, just add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture over the berries and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until just set and golden around the edges.
- Serve hot or warm.
You can now buy the equipment I use in this recipe through my shop. I’ve spent years testing my favourite bits of equipment so rest-assured that whatever I recommend is the best tool for the job and will give you great results without cluttering your kitchen with unused tools. I receive a small affiliate fee from Amazon if you buy via my link. The products don’t cost you any more. These small fees help me keep creating all the free content I share.
Get more recipes like this
Sign up for more
Sign up for my free newsletter. You’ll get free seasonal recipes, tips and videos. You’ll also be first to hear about my online and in person courses.
I agree to be emailed about your products and services